- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Sake
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, freshly grated
Combine all marinade ingredients in a small container. Mix well. Let stand while you prep the eggplants.
- 2 eggplants, (approx 1 pound each)
- 2 scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
Directions for Eggplants
Peel eggplants and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Salt lightly and place in a colander for 30 minutes, then rinse and drain.
Prepare grill. Brush the eggplant slices generously on both sides with marinade. Grill slices until nicely browned and tender.
Cut into strips and place in a serving container. Stir in the scallions. Add enough additional marinade to moisten and flavor the eggplant to taste. Sprinkle with diced peppers and sesame seeds.